Overview of LED Growing Lights
Expertly designed, and carefully crafted LED grow lights give your plants exactly the kind of light they require.
Our Happy Leaf LED lights last for years because we use the very best available LEDs, and because the design features solid-state technology. The high quality surface mount LED lights are very energy-efFicient, and will encourage vigorous growth and superior plant health, as well as being safe to operate.
The use of Happy Leaf LED lighting means that only the wavelengths of light corresponding to the absorption peaks of a plant’s typical photo-chemical processes is used.
Compared to other types of grow lights, LEDs for indoor plants are attractive because they do not require ballasts and produce considerably less heat than fluorescent, sodium vapor, or metal halide lighting. This allows LEDs to be placed closer to the plant canopy than other lights. Also, plants under LEDs give off less vapor, as a result of the reduction in heat, and thus the time between watering cycles is longer.
- Tuned to the optimal wavelengths that plants absorb most effciently (450 nm blue and 660 nm red)
- Low power usage: 17" - 18" lights draw 28 watts. 33" light draws 48 watts
- V-2 & Procyon 17" - 18" Equivalent par to 150 watt T-5 fluorescent
- Minimum 50,000 hour lifespan
- 660 nanometer red / 450 nanometer blue, lime-green LEDs
- Output par: 200+ micromoles per square meter/per second @12" from light
- Light beam angle = 80 degrees
- Full vegetative growth coverage: 17" - 18" light: 12" x 21" and 33" light: 24" x 48"
- Self-contained. simply attach power supply and adjust with timer for specific plant needs
- Uses a UL/ETL class 2, low voltage power supply
- Lightweight and water resistant
- 5-Year Warranty