Plants Need Rest
Use a timer to allow for an on/off cycle of approximately 16 hours on, and 8 hours off.
Refer to the specific growing instructions for each type of plant. Certain plants need supplemental warmth to germinate and grow, so monitor the temperature of the environment and evaluate if a warming mat or other supplemental heat is needed.
Fungus gnats will develop unless potting mix is completely sterilized. Fungus gnats are harmless but annoying and can be controlled with neem oil and sticky traps.
May be due to inadequate nutrients, the mineral content of water, or possibly having the plant too close to the light for an extended period of time.
- Optimal Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus (NPK) = N(15-20%), P(15-20%), K(35-38%)
- Micro-nutrients: Mg, B, Cu, Fe, MN, MO, ZN, S, Ca
- Optimal Totally Dissolved Solids should be between 1000 and 1600 parts peR million
- Avoid using “soft” water. Use outside water spigot to replace softened water
- Optimal water PH balance should be between (5.9 and 7.7)
- To remove chlorine from “city” water, leave in sunlight for 2 days